Upcoming Information Sessions
October 30, 2023, at 12 noon
RSVP to attend the next session. All info sessions take place EST.
What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a degree audit and advising system to help students, administrators, and advisors plan for academic success.
You will find useful information when you log-in such as classes you have completed along with the grade earned, diploma application status. any holds you may have, residency status, overall GPA and your degree progress.
This 12-credit graduate certificate uses online facilitation to help advance your career in the field of Global Health.
The Global Health Monitoring and Evaluation graduate certificate program will equip students with the essential tools needed to understand and judge the impact that global health interventions and policies have in communities. This curriculum will prepare students to understand the global burden of disease; globalization of health and health care; social and environmental determinants of health; global health ethics; professional practice and various other proficiencies.
The certificate in Global Health Monitoring and Evaluation will train students for careers as future leaders prepared to address real-world issues affecting the human condition. The curriculum, which represents the essential orientation to the field of global health and will enable students and other health workers to contribute to global health services, either through short-term projects or through longer term employment.
Graduates may pursue global assignments through their current workplace or go to work for:
- In-country field consultants
- Disaster relief organizations
- Immigrant/refugee health organizations
- Research and academic institutions
- International agencies
- Other non-governmental agencies (NGOs)
- Lending agencies that do work in developing countries
- Multi-lateral agencies (such as WHO)
The Global Health Monitoring and Evaluation certificate is a 12-credit graduate program offered in an asynchronous online environment. This means that we offer maximum flexibility to meet the needs of working professionals. There are no online meetings or set times when you'll need to log in; just submit your coursework before the posted deadline, and check back in for feedback from your instructors and classmates.
As a student in this program, you will acquire and expand expertise in global health. Your classmates will most likely be practicing professionals with a background in health care policies, systems, practices or clinicians and health administrators interested in increasing their knowledge and skills in the global arena.
Program Completion Timeline
- All courses will be offered at least once each year to enable you to complete the program within 9 months.
- Although most students complete the program 1 year, you will be allowed up to three years to complete the program.
At the conclusion of their study, students in the Global Health Monitoring and Evalution program will be prepared to:
- Understand program management.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate an evidence-based program.
- Apply project management techniques throughout program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Comprehend strategic analysis and identify how demographic and other major factors can influence patterns of morbidity, mortality, and disability in a define population.
- Execute a community needs assessment.
- Conduct a situational analysis across a range of cultural, economic, and health contexts.
- Design context-specific health interventions and evaluations based upon situational analysis.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2012-2013 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.