CASPA applications must reflect course equivalency for the following prerequisites with a minimum grade of B in each course.
(B minus grades will not be accepted.)
|General Microbiology||(with lab)||4|
|Anatomy and Physiology 1||(with lab)||4|
|Anatomy and Physiology 2||(with lab)||4|
General Chemistry 1 or
General Chemistry 2 or
Organic Chemistry or
Introduction to Psychology or
Developmental to Psychology or
Human Growth and Development
Elementary Statistics or
Statistics in Social and Behavioral Sciences or
Information to Consider Before Applying
- Applicants are responsible for reviewing the listed prerequisites to ensure equivalency prior to submitting the CASPA application. Transcript evaluation services are not available.
- All prerequisite science courses must include a lab component.
- The anatomy and physiology courses are required to have been completed within the last seven (7) years of the date the CASPA application is submitted.
- Only prerequisites that are on the completed CASPA application will be considered. NO Please review the applicant checklist prior to clicking “submit” to be sure it is complete.
- We can accept AP scores (must be official scores from College Board) for Psychology and Statistics. A score of 4 or 5 is acceptable. Scores under 4 are not accepted
- If a prerequisite will be satisfied by using an AP score, official scores must be submitted to UMB Graduate School Admissions Office when application is completed through CASPA. Please be prepared. Order official scores and submit them early to UMB to prevent a delay in your CASPA application review process.
CLEP scores are not accepted; no exceptions.
- A minimum cumulative (total) GPA of 3.0 is required. The cumulative GPA, as calculated by CASPA, will be used for screening all applications.
- If CASPA’s calculated cumulative GPA is lower than 3.0, the applicant will not be eligible for consideration (the GPA will not be rounded up).
- All repeated course grades are counted in the CASPA GPA calculation. For information on how CASPA calculates GPAs, please go to their Frequently Asked Questions Web page at https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/.