Congratulations to those admitted to candidacy in 2018 and 2019!
The Graduate School and the Graduate Student Association would once more like to congratulate all of the students who became PhD candidates in 2018, and thank those that participated in the Advancement to Candidacy Ceremony on March 15, 2019.
During the ceremony, candidates and the audience were treated to remarks from the 2018-19 GSA President, Megan Lynch, and recent UMB alumna, Dr. Megan Moorer. Both congratulated the new candidates on their hard work and dedication to reaching this milestone in their academic careers, and Dr. Moorer shared some motivational tips to succeed through your thesis work. Afterwards, the candidates and their faculty mentors were individually recognized as they received their certificates and portfolios from Megan Lynch and Dr. Erin Golembewski, Senior Associate Dean of the Graduate School.
Students who have advanced to candidacy in the past year are invited to participate in the Advancement to Candidacy Ceremony with their mentor. Registration for the Advancement to Candidacy ceremony can be found here.
The candidates that were recognized at the ceremony are listed below:
- Sam Bacharach - Neuroscience
- Bashayer Baras - Biomedical Science
- Meredid Caves - Nursing
- Amy Defnet - Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Anna Dellomo - Molecular Medicine
- Aakash Bipin Gandhi - Pharmaceutical Health Services Research
- Talia Guardia - Molecular Medicine
- Utsav Gyawali - Neuroscience
- Myeunghee Han - Nursing
- Maria Ibrahim - Biomedical Science
- David Langan - Microbiology and Immunology
- Jonelle Lee - Molecular Medicine
- Yuwei Lu - Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ashley Marquardt - Neuroscience
- Hanover Matz - Microbiology and Immunology
- Heather Mutchie - Gerontology
- Emily Smith - Microbiology and Immunology
- Emily Stucke - Epidemology
- Tyree Wilson - Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ava Zapf - Molecular Medicine
- Qingzhao Zhang - Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Albert Zhou - Human Genetics