GRC participants will have the opportunity to be considered for two special awards in Technology Commercialization or Geriatrics and Gerontology. See below for a description of the awards, including who is eligible for consideration. The special awards application for the 2017 GRC will be posted once registration opens.
- The Geriatrics and Gerontology Education and Research Program (GGEAR) and the Center for Research on Aging (ORC) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore will be sponsoring a special award in aging research at this year’s Graduate Research Conference. Students who wish to be considered for this award should submit an abstract on either completed research or research in progress in the field of aging.
- The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), in association with the Graduate Research Conference, is delighted to offer the ninth annual Graduate Translational Research Award. This award is made in recognition of important translational research performed by a UMB graduate student or postdoctoral fellow, and embodies OTT’s mission to translate outcomes from basic research into real-world applications. The recipient of the award will receive a $500 check and a certificate of recognition at the Conference awards reception on March 13, 2017.
The evaluation criteria for this award will be based on the candidate’s oral or poster presentation and a separate written application. The award application should include:
- Outline the focus and potential applications of the research;
- Describe how the research might ultimately be exploited to develop a product (e.g., drug, device, diagnostic, etc.) for public use and benefit;
- Summarize the original aspects of the research project; and
- Indicate the current stage and future plans for the research.
The application should include the student’s or postdoc’s name, campus e-mail address, phone number where he or she may be reached during business hours, and the name of the student’s or postdoc’s research advisor. Applications should not exceed two pages (12-point font, single spacing, 1-inch margins). Submit applications by March 6, 2017, 5 pm to Dr. Nancy Cowger at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Graduate Translational Research Award 2017.”