Research & Publications
- The inﬂuence of academic discipline, race, and gender on web-use skills among graduate-level students Jenny Owens, ScD, MS, faculty executive director, the Graduate Research Innovation District; and Flavius Lilly, PhD, MPH, senior associate dean, Graduate School, co=authored “The inﬂuence of academic discipline, race, and gender on web-use skills among graduate-level students” which was published in the Journal of Computing in Higher Education. http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1007/s12528-017-9137-1?author_access_token=iFkm0-4-2z23H5veJfbIPPe4RwlQNchNByi7wbcMAY75KPWUIueh2AlYyqlAZNx3kyE9oVagpBvwo318hceWoZLYVX1YTeXZPjDyzvppFy8QYaQtlSWTb4RSL60Gk8OfHsV96XDMN_30SP4YSZUtYw%3D%3D
- The influence of racial microaggressions and social rank on risk for depression among minority graduate and professional students Flavius Lilly, PhD, MA, MPH, senior associate dean, Graduate School, and assistant vice president, Academic and Student Affairs; Jenny Owens, ScD, MS, executive director, the Graduate Research Innovation District; Amy Ramirez, MA, director, International Services; TaShara Bailey, PhD, MA, diversity postdoctoral fellow; and Whitney Brown, MS, assistant director of Assessment, Research, and Staff Training, co-authored “The Influence of Racial Microaggressions and Social Rank on Risk for Depression Among Minority Graduate and Professional Students,” which was published in the College Student Journal.
- Pearce, M.J., Coan, A., Herndon, J.E., Koenig, H.G., & Abernethy, A. (2012). Unmet spiritual care needs impact emotional and spiritual well-being in advanced cancer patients. Supportive Care in Cancer. 20(10), 2269-2276.
- Pearce, M.J. (2012) Addressing religion and spirituality in healthcare systems. In K. Pargament (Ed.-in-Chief), A. Mahoney, & E. Shafranske (Assoc. Eds.), APA Handbooks in Psychology: APA Handbook of Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality: Vol 2. (pp. 527-542). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Pearce, M.J., Koenig, H.G., Robins, C., Nelson, B., Shaw, S., Cohen, H., & King, M. (2014). Religiously-integrated cognitive behavioral therapy: A new method of treatment for major depression in patients with chronic medical illness. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, and Practice. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0036448
- Koenig, H.G., Pearce, M.J., Nelson, B., Shaw, S.F., Robins, C.J., Daher, N., Cohen, H.J., Berk, L.S., Belinger, D., Pargament, K.I., Rosmarin, D.H., Vasegh, S., Kristeller, J., Juthani, N., Nies, D. & King, M.B. (2015). Religious vs. conventional cognitive-behavioral therapy for major depression in persons with chronic medical illness: A pilot randomized trial. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 203(4), 243-251.
- Koenig, H.G., Boucher, N.A., Youssef, N., Oliver, J.P., Currier, J.M. & Pearce, M.J. (in press). Spiritually-Oriented Cognitive Processing Therapy for Moral Injury in Active Duty Military and Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease.
- Pearce, M.J. (2016). Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Christians with Depression: A Practical, Tool-Based Primer. West Conshohocken, PA: Templeton Press.
- Witt CM, Chiaramonte DC, Berman S, Chesney MA, Kaplan GA, Stange KC, Woolf SH, & Berman BM. Defining Health in a Comprehensive Context: A New Definition of Integrative Health. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2017 Feb 1; pii: S0749-3797(16)30667-5. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2016.11.029. PMID: 2816103
- Chiaramonte DR, D’Adamo C, Amr S. Implementation of an Integrative Medicine Curriculum for Preventive Medicine Residents Am J Prev Med. 2015 Nov;49(5 Suppl):S249-56
- Chiaramonte D, D’Adamo C, Morrison B Chapter: Integrative Approaches to Pain Management. Practical Management of Pain, 5th edition, Benzon, Rathmell, Wu, Turk, Argoff, Hurley. Elsevier, 30 September 2013
- Delia Chiaramonte, Lixing Lao Chapter: Integrating Chinese and Western Medicine in Cancer Treatment. Supportive Cancer Care with Chinese Medicine. Cho, William (Ed). Springer, 1st Edition, 2010.
- Isabell May, Upper-Division Transfer Students: Designing a Supplemental Instruction May 2015 Program for Nursing Students within a Science Based Curriculum. With Karen A. Clark Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 39(6), 499-514. doi: 10.1080/10668926.2013.849622
- Isabell May, Pancakes, Chocolate, and the Trap of Eternal Servitude: January 2008 A Reading of Race in the U.S. and Germany. Glyne Griffith, Elizabeth Crespo, and Linden Lewis, eds. Color, Hair, Bone: The Persistence of Race into the 21st Century. Lewisburg: Bucknell University Press, 2008.
- Isabell May, Complicating European Neo-Colonialism in Visual and Winter 2006 Material Culture of the 21st Century: How to use Ethnic Studies beyond U.S. National Borders.” Ethnic Studies Review 29(2), 66-87.
- Isabell May, Learning Communities: Vom Versuch, aus der Gemeinschaft zu lernen. (2016). [transl. Learning Communities: An Attempt to learn from community). With Claudia Heuer. In Bildung und Hochschule [transl. Education and University]. Waxman, Dortmund (Germany).
- Isabell May, Charles McGovern. Sold American: Consumption Winter 2007 and Citizenship, 1890 – 1945. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press, 2006. Winterthur Portfolio 41(4), 319-320.
- Isabell May, OnlineBook Review: Frank Trommler and Elliot Shore, Eds. December 2002 The German-American Encounter: Conflict and Cooperation between Two Cultures, 1800-2000. New York: Berghahn Books 2001. Humanities: Sozial- und Kulturgeschichte. Communication and Information Services for Historians http://hsozkult.geschichte.hu-berlin.de