A series of teaching and learning resources sponsored by our executive team.
Designed to guide excellence in education and build an inclusive PA faculty teaching and learning community.
- July 2020 | Adaptive Teaching in the Face of COVID-19
- This Inside Higher Ed article summarizes research on student satisfaction with online education during the emergency transition to online learning. Students were much more engaged and satisfied with courses that incorporated some evidence-based best practices, such as live Q and A sessions, real-world examples, and frequent assessments.
- The University of Maryland, Baltimore's Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning created a short video to help faculty think about balancing synchronous (real-time) activities, like Zoom conferences, with asynchronous (not real-time) activities in a learning management system like Blackboard or Canvas.
- PAEA has provided Tips for Online Teaching. Their Digital Learning Hub is a rich repository of resources as well.
- The University System of Maryland's Kirwan Center for Academic Innovation has compiled a list of online teaching resources.
- June 2020 | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- April 2020 | PA Education: A Primer
- March 2020 | Feedback Part 1, Feedback Part 2
Best Practices for Giving Feedback in an Active Learning Environment
- February 2020 | Designing Learning Experiences
The Evolution of Learning Theories: The theories behind designing learning experiences for competency-based education.
- January 2020 | Designing a Learning Event
Designing a Learning Event: Understanding the importance of learning outcomes from the top down.