Applications to the Grid Pitch and Expo are now closed. Thank you to all of our applicants!
Proposals will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Potential benefit and appeal to patients, clients, consumers and/or community
- Likelihood of development: investment potential and consideration of ongoing funding support
- Intellectual property strategy and status: freedom to operate (if applicable)
- Timeframe and probability of success
- Fit with overall competition requirements
As many as six finalists will be selected to present at the Finals that will take place on April 25, 2018, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. The Grid will help each finalist with creating a successful pitch. Each presenter will have 10 minutes to present the concept, followed by 10 minutes of questioning. This "Shark Tank" style event will feature a panel of judges representative of industry, advocacy, investors, and the research and medical communities. The winning project, or projects, deemed to be the most innovative will be announced at the conclusion of the competition in April. For more finals information, please visit: http://graduate.umaryland.edu/grid/For-Students/Grid-Pitch-and-Expo/Finals-Information